20100703
One random dinner with mummy, made me realise that I was pretty smart as a kid =D
Or toddler to be exact, before I could remember anything. So memory took my smartness away?
'You started flipping (before sheena) first, walking first, talking first.'
Best thing, she remembers my first word! Because it was awesome, the way I started speaking.
The story:One fine morning, baby Shermaine, at approx 11 months, was crawling around the house on the floor, and Mummy Sim was reading the newpapers at the foot of the sofa (like she usually does).Baby Shermaine crawled up to Mummy Sim and looked at her. Mummy Sim looks at Baby Shermaine, points to the newspaper and says: 'Paper.' Baby Shermaine crawls away.The next day, the same scenerio was at play. Baby Shermaine crawls up to Mummy Sim, looks at her and said: 'Paper.'Too bad for Sheena, her first-word-story wasnt as awesome, so Mummy Sim doesnt remember what it was xD
A few years down the the road, Toddler Shermaine, toddler Sheena and Mummy Sim were out kai kai-ing. Mummy Sim used to buy lottery, and was about to buy some, when toddler Shermaine exclaimed: 'Mummy dont buy larh, not so easy zhong one!'. From that day forth, Mummy Sim never bought another lottery.But now I hear that we used to bring her lottery luck! Just before we were born, she bought some, and got the first prize! And so she says we were brought into this world, FOC. After we were born, she bought our birthday digits, and got the third! We were lucky babies. After that, no more winnings.I used to be in the top classes in primary school, and was doing very well, going for gifted programs and all. Till primary 4. One day, I was studying and chionging up some homework. I felt I had a slight fever, yet continued studying. I took some medicine, and still continued to study! (super hardworking eh) And, my fever escalated, eye began to swell, YET I insisted on continuing to study, whilst holding up the swollen eye and tearing up in pain. Until it got really bad, my mom took me to the doctor, found out I had an allergy to the medicine I took. By then my fever was almost 40degrees. From what I can remember, from then on, my grades went down, and down, and down. I got streamed into a comparatively lousier primary 5 class, and a not so good secondary school, jc, uni, so on and so forth.
I always think, was it the fever? Or was it the sudden revelation that told me: Why are you chionging so hard? Is there a point? Why did you continue chionging amidst the killing fever? Take things easy.
Thus began my slacking spree, my studying concentration that cannot last more than an hour, but manages to get me by, my happy-go-lucky attitude, my disgust at pushing past limits. For better or for worse?
I am happy now, and think I will continue to be, though I may not be the smartest fella around. So yeah...
さあ、うたう。
1:02 AM